Tuesday 4 October 2011

Hey guys,

Quick update before the glass arives. The cage is finished now, I'm just adding the final furnishings. This is a picture of the vivarium in place and ready to go.

While the cage is being set up and prepared the degus are living in a make-shift pen in my room.







Im still looking for some decent branches and logs to put into the cage, im attaching some small shelves and ledges at the moment. When you build your vivariums, try not to throw anything away! You can make some cool extra ledges and things from offcuts and spares. Below is a picture of what I made out of my offcuts:

Offcuts

 What you can Build!

To join these together, I used Gripfill. I don't usually agree with using glues and pastes to fix things together in a degu cage as they do like to chew and I'm worried they will ingest the glue. However, in this case I ran out of budget. I have glued them in a way so the joins are not easily chewed, I will also be monitoring thier chewing; if I see them taking a special interest they will be immediately removed.

Thanks for reading everyone! And to finish a quick picture of the new baby, hes about 7 weeks at the moment.


Smithomatic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment