Monday 3 October 2011

Glass has been orderd!

Hey everyone,

The glass has now been orderd should be here in the next 3-4 days. I have also managed to give the garage a huge clean out, so I will be able to get some better snaps of the set up. Also I am hopeing there will be enough space on the floor in front of the cage to create a run for them.

The glass is more much more expensive than PVC windows, I will display in a future post why PVC may be unsuitable for many cages. My current degu cage uses PVC, I bought one large sheet from Wickes and cut it to size my self. You can see the PVC I used here http://www.wickes.co.uk/acrylic-sheet/invt/210002/. Unfortunately I could not find a link to the same material in BNQ however I do know that they sell it and that it is cheaper there.

I ordered my glass from Roman Glass (http://www.romanglass.co.uk/), they have a fair few outlets across the UK. When you order the glass, be sure to ask for it Edged and Toughened, this will strengthen the glass so that if it does break it will be in large peices (not the dangerous spikes and dust that some glass smashes into). Having it "edged" will also help it to slide in its runner. The total cost for my 4 peices of glass was £120.00 inc. VAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment