Monday 19 September 2011

Degu Home - Top Tier

Hey all,

I wanted to post some pictures of the Degu cage. Progress has been slow trying to fit the build in around work.

I have added the back panel of the cage, this panel is made of 2 smaller panels as BnQ were not able to provide a sheet of MDF big enough!


As you can also see, I had to take the picture from just outside the door, the garage is very small with all the DIY kit out. Not only this but the cage almost touches the ceiling.

I have also finished creating the top tier.




I have left a small gap in the frame to allow for the runners to fit inside. I got the idea for this top tier here (this is a very informative degu website by Nightwishraven999). I decided however that I could use the entire space by making a shelf here, thus giving the degus more room to explore. Half of this top tier will be behind glass (I need to add a hole to this top shelf so the degus can get up) and the other half will be a balcony for them to come out and visit us on!


Below are some pictures of longtail (one of my degus) exploring the top tier and checking that everything is in order. He seems to be quite pleased with the results.







Many thanks everyone, stay tuned!


Smithomatic

No comments:

Post a Comment